Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All About Me

My name is Mona. This is me...


 I'm 43, and a mom of four wonderful children. I spent most of my adult life raising them. But now it's my time. So I had to decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. I started working in child care at the YMCA, with children who range from three to fourteen years old, and realized I wanted to teach. 





I've been attending Edinboro part time, and now full time. This semester I switched my major from Art Education, to Middle Level Education in Science and Social Studies. 

When it comes to technology in the classroom, I think back to when I was in school. There wasn't any technology available to us. When I stop and think about how the learning environment has changed, and how many new tools are available, it's overwhelming. Teachers should take advantage of the world of knowledge that's now available at the click of a mouse!

Teachers are the first connection to develop a child's desire to learn. School shouldn't be somewhere they dread going, but something they look forward to. I hope to be able to give that to the kids. 

So this is my journey, and it's just as important as the destination.

9 comments:

  1. The blog is very nice, and it looks professional. I am glad for you for starting your journey and going for the goals you have set out for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is your time! And being a parent, you have that built in patience! lol
    And I totally agree. School should be a place kids want to go, not a place of dulls ville!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, this is my time. As far as patience, that's up for debate :)

      Delete
  3. I think it's awesome that you came to Edinboro to accomplish your goals. A lot of people wouldn't want to come back to school and that is awesome that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mona, I think that you will be a great teacher having raised your four children. Im sure you have tons of patience and are very kind. Its great that you are here and I really like what you said at the end about the journey being just as important as the destination. I love that! Great job with the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is really cool that you had the drive to do more after you raised your kids, most people would have just sat at home and done nothing. I'm sure you'll end up being a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is great that you are dedicated to go to classes, while raising your children! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it is awesome you have kids, i think that gives you an advantage in the long run. I also believe students should not dread going to school. and we are teachers have to change that and make it fun, and using technology is a great way to do that. I also LOVE your blog background!

    ReplyDelete